Dance Program General Policies as of August 14, 2023
Class Registration & Tuition Policies
– Shooting Stars follows a traditional school year calendar from August – June August tuition is prorated to begin the season September through May tuition is consistent, based on 4 lessons a month. No price adjustments are made for months with more or less than 4 weeks of classes. June tuition will be prorated to coincide with our Year End Recital. Summer programs (classes and camps, etc.) are not included in our Academic Year Enrollment. See our studio calendar for holidays and important dates
– To complete your registration you will be required to submit an automatic billing authorization for your monthly tuition to be deducted from your bank account or charged to the debit or credit card of your choice (Visa or Mastercard). Automatic Payments are charged on the 28th of each month for the following months’ tuition (until June 2023 or you choose to cancel). Once enrolled, to make any changes to your schedule and/or your tuition agreement, you MUST submit these changes in writing specifically on the “Schedule Change Form” provided by Shooting Stars Verbal changes and/or cancellation will not be accepted. Changes that affect your automatic billing must be made by the 15th of the month in order to process your request in time.
– We offer a sibling discount of 10% off of monthly tuition fees
– There is an annual registration fee of $35 (1st child), $25 (2nd child) with no charges for additional siblings for a family maximum of $60 to be paid upon enrollment.
– There is a one-time charge of $20 for all Children’s Program Classes (ages 18 mos. – 5 years) to purchase their “Personal Prop Box” they will need for classes – to be paid upon enrollment.
– Classes are on-going and meet on the same day of the week; at the same time for the length of the season. Continuous enrollment is ideal for the student, the studio and the progress of the class. If a student misses for 3 consecutive weeks without communication, they will be dropped from a class If the student wishes to return, the teacher must first agree that the student is at the appropriate level to return to that class; and then space permitting, you may pay the annual registration fee to re-enroll your dancer.
– The only way to guarantee your place in class during planned or unplanned absences is by paying full tuition.
– There is a $30 charge for any returned checks or declined automatic billing payments, expired auto pays included. The responsible party on the student’s account must update their billing information through their DSP Parent Portal to avoid any issues that may arise to deny payment.
– TUITION IS NON-REFUNDABLE A credit will be issued for any class canceled by the studio. If a class is removed from the schedule, the portion of the month that is incomplete will be refunded. Classes that may be canceled but substituted with a rehearsal are not subject to refund.
Performance Opportunities & Fees
– All of our students are invited (but not required) to participate in two annual performances, a Winter Festival / Holiday Studio Showcase in December and a Spring Recital in June. If you are interested in more performance opportunities please inquire about our Dance Company.
– In order to participate in these performances, a Participation Fee will be deducted automatically using your payment method on file. Holiday Show $25 per dancer on October 28th (fee includes costume rental from Shooting Stars). Spring Recital $55 for an individual dancer and $40 for each additional dancer from the same family, will be charged February 28th (fee includes Recital commemorative shirt and all photos and videos from the performance). It is your responsibility to inform the front desk if your dancer will not be participating in the Holiday Show or Spring Recital before the above deadlines.
– All accounts must be current to participate in performances.
– Please pay close attention to dates and deadlines for purchasing costumes, tickets, etc. and stay informed.
Attendance & Make-up Classes
– In order to maintain the progress of each individual student and of the class as a whole, regular and consistent attendance is strongly suggested. Absences during performance preparation (October – December and April – June) should be limited. If a student misses more than two consecutive weeks it is at the discretion of the teacher if the student is permitted to participate in the performance. We want to assure that your dancer is well prepared for success on stage therefore, private lessons may be required if excessive absences impede one’s ability to prepare for a performance.
– Dancers will not be permitted into class more than 10 minutes past the start time. Please call to alert the front desk if you are running late.
– In the event of illness, studio closure, or other absence from your regularly scheduled classes, as a courtesy, we will offer a make-up class. Please see the front desk staff to schedule your make-up class before attending. Missed classes will not be credited or redeemed for any cash value.
– Make-up classes must be within the same age/level range or below. Offer expires 30 days from absence. Students must be currently enrolled in order to redeem a make-up class.
– Make-up classes may not be permitted 30 days prior to a performance without permission from the instructor of that class.
Photography & Videography
Shooting Stars requests the right to use images of my child, as a registered student, taken at Shooting Stars Dance Studios or at a Shooting Stars sponsored event in future print advertising and/or social media outlets.
– Shooting Stars and its employees cannot be held responsible or liable for any losses of personal property or valuables. We discourage dancers from wearing any jewelry (small earrings okay) and apple watches as they will be asked to be removed.
– Cell phones may NOT be used during class time. If you need to get an urgent message to your student, please call the front desk.
– Class time adjustments may be made at the teachers discretion depending on the number of students in attendance.
– We require all of our dancers to purchase and have their own proper dance footwear for all classes.
– Choreography learned in preparation for a performance is the sole property of Shooting Stars and may not be copied or performed outside of studio events without the consent of the studio director.
– Class placement is at the sole discretion of the studio director and instructors. Ages & Levels are guidelines and placement is always done with your child’s best interest in mind.
– When dropping off your child at the studio, please ensure that he or she has entered the building safely before you leave. All dancers should be picked up promptly at the scheduled class end time. Please call to alert the front desk if you are running late.
– Shooting Stars reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
– It is imperative that you update your contact information if there are any changes during the course of the year. Please check all email communications from the studio and do your part to stay informed. Please also follow us on social media for additional updates and information: Instagram: shootingstarsdancestudios Facebook: Shooting Stars Dance.